29 May 2015

I should be asleep...

It is 1:19 am and I should be in bed. I wanted to update everyone on Amanda and I couldn't think of a good title. The first thing I thought about as I yawned was the fact I needed to be in bed.

We heard today from the Duke Transplant Center as they called with several questions regarding Amanda and her health. We should hear from them again soon to set up a time for Amanda to go over for a consultation. This is a great step as it brings Amanda one day closer to getting a kidney. One of the hard things that Amanda has to deal with is all the appointments. Next week she will have appointments with four different doctors, which can be discouraging. It has been so long since Amanda felt normal, and she longs for that again.

I leave next Friday for Ethiopia for a few weeks to take care of some paperwork and to see Ermias. It is hard to explain how we miss Ethiopia. I have several friends scattered throughout Facebook who used to live in Addis and they would know exactly what I mean. Among all the frustrations that come with living in Ethiopia, there is a simplicity to it that is both refreshing and good for the soul.

Please keep praying for the adoption. We long to be together with Ermias, and at times it is hard to see the end of the road...

Off to bed, more later on some great stuff we have been reading.

Simply trusting.

Craig

3 comments:

kayla_rsmom said...

Praying for you guys!

kayla_rsmom said...

Praying for you guys!

Becky said...

Love you guys! Prayed for you at church prayer meeting tonight. Miss you!