05 July 2015

Random Thoughts...

It is 11:15 pm as I step outside. The rain has stopped and the sound of insects fills the air. I step back in and sit down to write this. I play Hillsong Live, Glorious Ruins which in my opinion is their greatest worship album, and one of my all time favorite albums in my wide range of musical taste.  While you are at it, listen to Chris Tomlin's Glory in the Highest which is his Christmas album. It is just too good of an album not to listen to it all year.

Everyone else is asleep now, Jackson spending night number three in the top bunk. Tomorrow morning we have to leave at 7 am to redo finger prints for the adoption. Will this adoption every get finished? As we celebrated the 4th of July yesterday I told Ermias that I hope next year we will be celebrating together....

July 4th is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays...

Tomorrow morning's 7 am exit is different then most. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we awake at 5:30 am to have Amanda at dialysis at 6:15 sharp. The center is just about 5 minutes down the road which is nice. I lift Jackson's sleeping 50 pound body out of his bed and put him in the car with a blanket and pillow. I grab Amanda's bag as she finishes her bowl of cheerios. Amanda will sit in chair number three from 6:15-10:15 hooked up to a device that is really keeping her alive. She knows the group by now, each one coming in around 6 am to the center. We pray before she gets out of the car, we pray that she can soon receive a kidney and pancreas. By this time Jackson is awake, ready to start the day. We arrive back to the house by 6:20 and Jackson snuggles up in bed again to watch a little bit of Curious George. He will soon eat breakfast, do some reading and work on some writing...

Some days are better for Amanda. Some days are worse. Don't get me wrong, their are many people out there that are facing far greater challenges then we are. Amanda's faith is strong, much stronger than she realizes. Still, there are days where Amanda believes she will get better and there are days she is not quite sure. It is hard for me seeing her going through this. I wish it were me...

We can't think too much about Ethiopia. Our hearts hurt if our mind wanders to our life there. The funny thing is, if we were in Ethiopia right now we would probably be wishing we were here. That is how life works sometimes for a missionary. You long for where you are not. We miss the people there, we miss the smells, we miss the food. We miss the simplicity...

Sometimes it is hard when people as how Amanda is doing. What am I supposed to say? She is ok. She lives on dialysis and is waiting...just waiting. Nothing much has changed. There are days where time seems to stand still. It is a surreal experience.

We pray every day that she will be better. We pray every day that Ermias will be with us. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. Either way, God is still good.






No comments: