03 January 2015

Amanda Update 3 - January 3

It is 10:35 here in Kenya, I just left Amanda for the evening. That has been incredibly hard leaving her, but they won't let me stay. She is resting well, continuing to slowly recover. They are trying to get her creatinine levels down to where they need to be, but at this time they don't think she will need kidney dialysis. 

Amanda just wants to go home and it is incredibly hard being in a country you don't know. The missionaries here have been a big help, but it is just hard. She doesn't remember much of the last few days and just wants to go home. I will be going to the hospital in the morning, hopefully she will be able to get transferred to her own room tomorrow. 

Life is hard and this is hard. It is incredibly discouraging watching Amanda have to do this. I have said to myself that "God is good" but it can be hard sometimes to live out. One of my wonderful professors in grad school, Dr Stephen Schrader once said “It is not knowing the truth that is difficult, it is applying the truth to the situation”. That is such a true statement that I have had to remember so many times. It can be easy in our own weakness to not apply the truth, but that does not change the truth. As the Christian artist Mercyme says in one of their songs Bring the Rain: 

"I can count a million times
People asking me how I 
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You. 

The Bible is chalked full of situation where we see God there in the bleakest of situations. The same God of the Bible is still the same God today. I am grateful for God's grace, grateful for all the encouraging words and prayers that have been said to us and on behalf of us. Grateful that God is good. 

Always. 





4 comments:

David & Sheri Rhodes said...

Praying for Amanda & Craig

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for her Pastor! God is in control.

David & Sheri Rhodes said...

Praying for Amanda & Craig

jkak said...

Praying for your both!