05 January 2015

Amanda Update #6 - January 6

9:51 on a Monday evening here in Kenya. I have been meaning to write an update today but this is the first time I have been able to do it. Amanda is doing much better today, in fact today is the really the first day we have seen a great deal of progress. Tonight she had an IV hooked up to her to try to get her iron levels up. Her sugar levels have been good today as well as her blood pressure. We know that she had some kind of infection in her chest but really don't know much more than that. Being a diabetic she will have issue with her kidneys as well being anemic and therefore she is more susceptible to have situations like this. We are grateful that God has protected her and we will continue to trust that God will watch over her.

"Feelings don't dictate truth" is something I have thought about often. Sometimes, even as I sit here and try not to be overwhelmed, the truths of God's word don't always make me "feel" better. Praise the Lord though that my feelings don't determine what is correct and I am thankful that God has showed grace in my life. So many times we determine the actions we take by how we feel at the moment but that thinking puts you on such shaky ground. Feelings change but God does not. Even when I don't "feel" the truths of God's word, the Holy Spirit gives me the confidence to move forward knowing that I am always in the safe arms of my Father.

God is good.

1 comment:

Mary Herman said...

Praise the Lord! She has been bathed in prayer these past few days. Your family is dearly loved by so many --- and that sure includes me! Praying for complete recovery and the Lord's blessings on you and all those who have been so kind as to help during this time of stress.